Indian Post Circle Ministry of communications( Department of Posts) has announced the vacant post of Gramin Dak Sevaks(GDS)[Branch PostMaster(BPM)/Assistant Branch Postmaster(ABPM)] in Branch Post Offices(BOs) created in the year 2023.
India Post Circle GDS Recruitment 2023
(1)Branch Post Master
The Job Profile of Branch Post Master include:
- Day to day postal operations of Branch Post Office (B.O) and India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) in the manner as prescribed by the Department from time to time.
- Marketing and promotions of products and services being provided by the Department and operating various services in the Customer Services’ Centres (CSC) of the Department etc.
- In the single-handed BOs, BPMs have the overall responsibility of smooth and timely functioning of the Office including mail conveyance and mail delivery.
- In the BOs other than single-handed, the BPMs may be assisted by ABPM(s). However, BPM will be required to do combined duties of ABPM(s) as and when ordered or in the case of non-availability of ABPM (s). Any other work can also be assigned by superiors like Mail Overseer (M.O)/Inspector Post (IPO) / Assistant Superintendent of Post (ASPO)/ Superintendent of Post offices (SPOs) /Senior Superintendent of Post Office (SSPOs) etc.
(2) ASSISTANT BRANCH POSTMASTER (ABPM)
The Job Profile of Assistant Branch Post Master include:
- Sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail at doorstep, exchange the mail with account office etc. deposits/payments/other transactions of IPPB.
- To assist BPM in postal operations in a manner as prescribed by the Department from time to time.
- Marketing and promotions of products and services being provided by Department and operating various services in the Customer Services’ Centres (CSC) of the Department etc.
- ABPM may also be required to do Combined Duty of BPM as and when ordered in case of non-availability of BPM in addition to his/her regular duties.
- Any other work assigned by superiors like IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs etc.
- Residence: ABPMs are required to reside within the delivery jurisdictions of the Post Office (HO/SO/BO) concerned.
India Post Circle GDS Recruitment Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum age:18 years
- Maximum age:40 years*
Note: Age relaxation will be given to SC/ST/EWS/OBC/ and PwD candidates according to Government of India Reservation Criteria.
India Post Circle GDS Recruitment Education Qualification:
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of GDS.
- The applicant should have studied the local language i.e. (Name of Local language) at least up to Secondary standard [as compulsory or elective subjects].
Emoluments in the form of Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) plus Dearness Allowance thereon are paid to the GDS. The applicable TRCA to different categories are as under: –
|S No.||Category||TRCA Slab|
India Post Circle GDS Recruitment Application Fee:
- For UR/ OBC/ EWS Male Candidate: Rs. 100/-
- Female,SC/ST candidates and PwD:Free
- Payment Mode:Credit/Debit Cards & Net Banking
|Post Name||Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Starting Date for Apply||16-06-2023|
|Last Date to apply and Payment||23-06-2023|
|Date for Application Edit||24-06-2023 to 26-03-2023|
|Qualification||Secondary School pass|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Will start on 16-06-2023|
Indian Post Office Vacancy 2023
Circle Wise Post Are given Below
|State Name||Total Post|
|Jammu & Kashmir||89|